 General / 54882 (-10)
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Next time, either say: "You still watch grown men chase a ball around a field?" or something similar. (...) That's a tall order. Outside of sports, are there any other hobbies that truly bridge the child/adult gap? When a brand has spent (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

I've had that same kind of question asked of me before. My response differs on the way that they ask it. For example, the question, "You still play with LEGOs? What are you a little kid or something?" would be retorted to with, "Well, if I made (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I actually have done a lot of thinking on this topic-why, I am not sure why--but I have. I am a talker as some of yall might know and am always bringing up my little sideline business of personalizing LEGO for mainly adult LEGO builders. It (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I just don't care what other people say. Much simpler than trying to change their minds. Tim (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general) !

  Improving the adult image of LEGO

The other day I got another "You still play with LEGO?". I replied with: "No, I design and build models made from LEGO." That didn't seem to help much. I'd like to start a list of ideas and suggestions on how we might improve how other adults view (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: New Feature at BrickBuildr

(...) Thank you for joining! :) Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the web-site better. (Just to let everyone know, I changed one of my database queries, so now the calendar renders A LOT faster!) --Mike. (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New Feature at BrickBuildr

(...) (snip) (...) (snip) (...) Yours is a good job, thanks for doing it and for sharing with the community. I've just joined today ^^ julencin2000 (16 years ago, 13-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Anyone know what's happening to www.brickwiki.org?

I've long been a fan of Brickwiki, particularly the well documented pirate glossary which it contains (not so much the 'Drome Racing' stuff, but I guess that addresses a need too), but it seems like the site might be on the way out. I've been trying (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for ideas for building warehouse style lights

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:K6zArA.6EB@lugnet.com... (...) I work for an electrical contractor and we install two different styles typically: The first is an HID (high intensity discharge) "highbay" fixture. (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for ideas for building warehouse style lights

(...) Are you asking about florescent lights (two long tubes) or incandescent (large bulbs)? I have seen both in warehouses etc. The incandescent lights would easily be made by using a large radar dish with a 1x1 transparent cone as the "bulb". (...) (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact