 General / 54862 (-20)
  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

(...) I dunno, there seems to be a (URL) petition> about it! Tim (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Congratulations, Nathan Sawaya!!!

Nathan has made today's Yahoo Home page news box!!! (as of 11:30 am PDT) Congratulations! Here's a link to the full article: (URL) Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

I really cannot see how LEGO can ethically release this kit since it was created as an exclusive for the employees of Vesta. I would be sorely disappointed in TLG if they did such a thing. "Limited ediition" and "exclusive" mean something. As "The (...) (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

(...) You could buy 4, and put Port Block up on legs. (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

(...) I claim that I might buy two, and I assure you that it would save my LEGO (Port Block, critically affected by the rising sea levels resulting from global warming) from financial ruin. Richard Still baldly going... (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Who has the most minifigs?

(...) Thanks for the info. He's a good looking guy from a cool set. Chris (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who has the most minifigs?

(...) This guy from set # 1592: (URL) (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO(R) minifigure turns 30

(...) Abner, Thank you for relaying this report. Happy B-Day Minifig! Have Fun! C-Ya! Rich (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  LEGO(R) minifigure turns 30

On Monday the LEGO(R) minifigure will turns 30 It's not every day that a children's toy becomes a design icon but in the case of LEGO minifigure, those tiny plastic male and female figurines that animate (in an inanimate sort of way) children's (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Who has the most minifigs?

Brian Darrow wrote: [...] (...) Who is the "blue vested dude"? Chris (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Commemorating the Great Brickshelf Crisis of 2007

(...) Please, move right along... nothing to see here. Keep the traffic moving. Everything is fine. :) -Abner (16 years ago, 20-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Commemorating the Great Brickshelf Crisis of 2007

(...) Your guess is as good as mine. I was wondering what the situation is right now also. F (16 years ago, 20-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Commemorating the Great Brickshelf Crisis of 2007

I believe it's been a bit over a year since Brickshelf almost shut down last summer. Without reviving debate about Brickshelf's merits, does anyone know how the site is faring? I recall there was talk at the time of new revenue sources such as (...) (16 years ago, 17-Aug-08, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

(...) Perhaps a claim that someone might buy two, and an assurance that it would save LEGO from financial ruin? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 16-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Use protection? (UV that is)

(...) Mark, If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot, ask one of the people there about window film. You'll find it in the window treatment section where blinds and the like are. You'll find varying shades of tint and UV protection. All you need is the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

(...) If that doesn't convince TLG to release it, I don't know what will. (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Use protection? (UV that is)

(...) I have a nice big west-facing window in my building room. I hung two ordinary windowshades back-to-back; they keep virtually all daylight out. I have kept my tall white tampon building by the window for over four years now, and it is still (...) (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO set 4999 Vestas (please release it)

(...) I've literally just signed up for a LUGNET membership just to post here because... I WANT THIS SET! (Or at least a generic one, not necessarily Vestas-branded) If I could only buy one more Lego set ever, this would be the set, as it is the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Win a MINDSTORMS NXT set at Brickfair

This year at BrickFair, a grand prize of a MINDSTORMS NXT set will be awarded to one lucky person. But, instead of the grand prize simply being awarded to the winner of any event, everyone who enters any of the three MINDSTORMS events will be (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Toltec Raideen - 4894 alternate model

Here's an alternate model for the 4894 Mythical Creatures set. Re-imagining Brave Raideen as god of the Toltec jungle: (URL) it out! ..joseph g (16 years ago, 11-Aug-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact