 General / 54656
Re: That's hot!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.general, William Toenjes wrote:

   The #1 item on S&H according to “What’s Hot - The Top 25 Sellers, updated daily!” - Pick A Brick, Item #: LFH101

Given the large volume of sales that I’d suspect S@H does, that’s pretty impressive. At least for a day, PaB is beating out Star Wars etc.

   with one caveat: Limit 25 per customer I’m curious what folks think about this.

I think it’s just fine - otherwise, somebody running a BL store may just buy up all/most of the stock of some rare desired item, and get to fix the price. Not something I (the consumer) really want, and probably not something LEGO really wants either. That disclaimer may be there “just in case”, as I’ve not seen it tripped as yet (I know for a fact it doesn’t, or at least didn’t, apply to 14L Technic studded beams, as I needed several hundred for a project not too long ago). I’m mostly curious (a) what part(s) are being rationed, and (b) what this implies about PaB sales at S@H.

I just put together 100 skeleton skulls, 100 skeleton torsos, 200 skeleton arms, 200 skeleton legs, 50 black chest armor, 50 gray chest armor and 100 crossbows for $95.28 and all 800 pieces transferred to my shopping cart.
At $0.61/complete skeleton minifig ($0.95 eached “armed”) that’s a savings of $1.62/minifig compared to the average new BrickLink prices over the past 6 months ($1.37 + $0.75 + .45 = $2.57 USD)
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)