 General / 54562 (-20)
  Re: Brick Museum in Ohio?

well everyone needs to be somewhere. And in Ohio we are within driving distance of EVERYONE on the east coast!!! Dan (17 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO museum in Ohio?

(...) It is only 1 mile from Rt. 70 between Columbus and Pittsburgh! Even Pres and Mrs Clinton came to our town in the last 2 weeks!!! We may be in the middle of nowhere, but nicely placed in the middle of nowhere! Dan (17 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brick museum in Ohio?

(...) We opened to the public in Aug. We are the Toy and Plastic Brick Museum www.brickmuseum.net We are not just LEGO(r) brand. We have a pile of other toys, and we are working on other brick related displays as well. We welcome AFOLs to come and (...) (17 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: It's not even out yet...

(...) Credit where credit is due. nicely played. :) thanks. Chris (17 years ago, 26-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: How do -you- clean your LEGO parts?

(...) I've always washed my parts in soapy water. I will usually put the parts in a bucket of soapy water at least overnight (sometimes several days). I separate out the chrome and stickered parts. I usually do some sorting, with the tiny parts and (...) (17 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's not even out yet...

(...) Wow! That wasn't even 6 degrees... more like just 3. And is that 3 pieces of bacon I'm having on my toasted bacon tomato sandwich right now? Mmmmmmm.... bacon.... Think I'll go watch Quicksilver right now for no apparent reason... Dave K (17 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's not even out yet...

(...) That's easy. The strip has a picture of "Block Obama" Barack Obama was in "ITV Evening News" (1999) {(2007-02-09)} with Clint Eastwood Clint Eastwood was in 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards, The (2007) (TV) with Kevin Bacon There you go. Bacon. (...) (17 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: It's not even out yet...

(...) I dont get it. What does this have to do with bacon? Chris (17 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  It's not even out yet...

(URL) Penny Arcade's already got a strip up! :) (Warning--some comics in the archive are definitely NSFW) Dave K (17 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  custom decal design

Hey all, I'm looking to create some quick sticker/label/decals for a moc. Specifically, these would be applied to the 4-stud flat, round disks with technic axle hole. Can anyone help? I can comp you for your time and expenses. Thanks, dan parker (17 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stonehenge and Chichen Itza

(...) I think your wife gave you some great advice, the "as is" version is nicely done. I really enjoyed it. Great work Tony. Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.org.us.texlug, FTX)

  How do -you- clean your LEGO parts?

I don't think LUGNET has had any discussions about this in quite some time. How do -you- clean your LEGO parts? I'm interested in learning people's techniques, particularly ones that clean a lot of parts at once with little effort. LEGO that's been (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts)

  What should happen with the lugnet.robotics.nxt sidebar?

Hello, LUGNET readers. In case you don't know, I'm the lugnet.robotics.nxt curator. I used to update the NXT section sidebar with [in]frequent regularity, but during the last couple months I've not done anything to it. I get busy and/or don't take (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Discovery channel-How It's Made-Plastic building blocks

(...) "How It's Made" is produced in Canada, so Megablocks was probably their first choice. Great show, too - I can sit and watch it for hours. JohnG, GMLTC (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Discovery channel-How It's Made-Plastic building blocks

Discovery channel-How It's Made: Today, Feb 21, had an interesting segment on the making of plastic bricks, Mega Blocks. I would assume that it is the same process that Lego uses (too bad they did not use the Lego Company, wonder if they were (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Serious play

(...) Yeah, well... I've asked 3 times over the last few years to receive information about licensing the sustem, as I'm a trainer / course developer by profession, and they've never bothered to contact me. I know hta tone of the people in the SF (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Stonehenge and Chichen Itza

These were built for the upcoming March 2008 "Around the World in 80 Days" themed TexLUG display. I think I did a pretty decent job, considering I'm working with inventory scraps and leftovers. Stonehenge (2 URLs) Flickr> (URL) Brickshelf> I was (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.org.us.texlug, FTX) !

  Re: Serious play

(...) I did an introductory session of LEGO Serious Play in December, after my boss received an invitation and passed it on to me. I was the only AFOL in the session (of 24). I was impressed, particularly by the way that everyone became involved in (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Serious play

(...) The program is active and slowly growing - there has been more interest in the past couple of years by companies, with the most activity going on in Europe. I got to meet some of the staff behind it and did a very impromptu session (one on (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Serious play

(...) I came across this recently at the ThunderBay, Ontario Airport. Grabbing a brochure from Lloyd Smith Solutions, I found their website: (URL) which has more information, recent news articles, and a video. Seems the program is still active. -Rob (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact