 General / 5448
Re: Question regarding banners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:12:29 GMT

Greg,

Although my banner is not on CLSotW yet (I submitted it at the same time the
changes to lugnet happened) and I think Todd has been quite busy enough
dealing with that so I am just waiting paitently.

As for my banner it was not really that difficult.  I actually just used the
paint program that comes with Windows '98 which happens to now work with .gif
and .jpg files which in previous Windows versions of paint only worked with
.bmp files.  Windows '98 paint lets you set a picture size in pixels (CLSotW
uses a 40Hx400L standard which I also use on my site).  Paint also lets you
resize pictures and in my case for example I took my A-Wing picture and told
Paint to resize it to 40H and keep all other dimensions relative.  I then just
inserted some text and that was it.

A banner could be made as easy as using paint (or some other graphic tool)
creating a 40Hx400L .gif or .jpg file and inserting some text like "My Site by
My Name" etc.

I know for CLSotW your banner has to be hosted on your site.  Then you submit
the location of the picture and the URL to have it pointed to (www.mysite.com).
For my site (and because of Yahoo! GeoCities rules) I have people submit their
picture to me which I save to my site and then display randomly.

Below are the URL's to my banner and other links on my site.

My Banner:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598/banner1.gif

My Link Options Page:  (To see how to submit a banner to me)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598/Linkop.html

My Home Page:  (All of my pages display random Lego banners)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598/

Hope that helps,

Eric

"jawaspam" has a unique and disgusting odor so please remove it when replying.

"I can't abide those Jawa's.  Disgusting creatures."

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Hello,
For some time now, I have been wanting to make a banner for my site to
advertise on CLSotW. However, I have no friggin' idea how to do it! Could
someone please tell me how they made theirs?
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com?TimesSquare/Dome/1888/