 General / 54442 (-10)
  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) Playing war is fantasy. It is, boiled to its essence, acting out the struggle between good and evil. Generally speaking, fantasy works well the more removed it is from reality. Space wars work great. The distant past works well, too. What (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) Well,funny you'd mention M&Ms, but I do actually avoid red ones. Which I guess might sounds as silly to you. But there's a reason: red ones are not vegetarian. Subtle difference, of course, but it's there to illustrate the semblance of point (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) It's funny how it's ok for kids to play at cowboys and indians (well, not so much the indians part any more) and pirates, both of which are genres that glorify killing and lawlessness. On the other hand, war (especially WWII which LEGO has had (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(2 URLs) The LEGO company just released a document detailing the complete protocol used by Power Functions RC receiver. I host the document on my (URL) Power Functions presentation page>. As you can see this opens up a new world of possibilities... (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Is there a sticker database anywhere

Is there a site or database out there listing parts with stickers on them and which sets they came in? Something I can use if I have a stickered part and want to find out what set(s) it cames in or if I want to know what parts the stickers for a (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-08, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.general)

  Lego artist needed

Hello, I work for an event planning company in Philadelphia and we are in need of an expert Lego artist for an event in Orlando on February 25-28. We are looking for someone to construct either a 6'x4'x2' bridge or a giant seashell (approximately (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) If I recall, TLG renounced the "we do not make weapons" philisophy a few years ago, or something to that effect (most notably, prior to the Batman sets). There's a TLG press release about it somewhere (don't have time to find it right now). As (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) I agree that it seems like there is no diference, but I think that most parents would say that their is a difference between kids playing cowboys or pirates, and kids playing war. I personally have nothing against kids playing war. I played (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Pets and Lego

My cat has been right into the lego blocks lately and not in a good way. He jumps into various sort boxes and rumages around eventually he scopes some out and throws them all over the place. You can often find him hiding somewhere chewing on them. I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  AFOL History Project

At the behest of CSF members I have sought to create a repository of events in which I had a few minutes to burn tonight and so I whipped up something quickly. (URL) this page you can view and add events from the past, I have added a few to start (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact