 General / 54432 (-10)
  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) What's the difference in modern weapons versus black powder rifles, pistols, and cannons (even some cannons had spring loaded firing mechanisms) anyway? If you open the door just a little bit, you still opened it. That's like saying you don't (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

In 1953 TLG came out with an early slotted brick 4 page idea brochure. On page 4 of that brochure it shows a LEGO fortified structure with non-LEGO army men. (Dave Shifflett's website): (URL) was the only occurrence that I'm aware of... of LEGO (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) Lego actually produced a plastic, full size gun in the late 50s or early 60s. Also there were lighters with the Lego logo on it back then. I too, do not like the idea of weapons in Lego sets, they took a no violence for many years. There were (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) I would say I'm torn as well. I like the idea of the "Agents" series, but would be against any kind of military-theme set. My main issue right now is the inclusion of weapons that actually fire in sets (Exo-Force and Star Wars mainly). To me (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

(...) Good! (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?

I am curious to hear folks opinions on this one. I happened across a pics in brickshelf showing the boxes for new sets for 2008. It is my understanding that we do not allow links to leaks, so you will have to find it yourself. Long and short, for (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who sells Custom Made LEGO Stickers?

(...) That's the one! Thanks Russell! Gary Istok (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who sells Custom Made LEGO Stickers?

(...) Is this the one? (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

  After 45 years... the LEGO Gnome reappears on LEGO Boxes!

This is a reprint of a Bricklink thread... Starting around 1954, TLG had a mascot for LEGO boxes and catalogs, that we refer to today as the LEGO GNOME. This little character was used on all LEGO box tops and in catalogs until 1960. The last known (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.general) !

  Who sells Custom Made LEGO Stickers?

I lost my PCs favorite pages... so I cannot find the link to that fellow who sells reproductions of old LEGO stickers on his website. Can anyone help? I tried Googling for it, but came up empty. Thanks, Gary Istok (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact