 General / 54352
54351  |  54353
Subject:
New LEGO Window & Door?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:58:40 GMT

Eric Strand brought this to my attention...

The new #4996 Beach House Creator set appears to have a new LEGO window and
door....

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=4996-1

Does anyone have this set yet?

The new window appears to be a 1x2x2 window, but without any type of ledge at
all, just a flat front frame. I was wondering if these came with the clear
window
glass piece glued or just as a separate piece to be inserted into the frame?
Also wondering if the glass part is trans-clear, or smoky clear? And what colors
is this available in? It appears that this set has them in white and gray.

I also noticed a large white 1x4x6 door with 1 pane of glass. At first it looked
like a large window, since there is no door handle for opening and closing.
But on closer inspection of the picture, it is a door (look at the lower left
corner of the element, where the door hinge is).

LEGO Designer Jamie Berard mentioned in a BrickJournal article several months
ago that the LEGO designers were also not happy about the choices of LEGO
windows
available.

Waiting on more details before getting too excited about this...

Cheers,
Gary Istok