 General / 54032 (-20)
  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) What if it were about half of $0.30 per day? Would that then make you happy, Dave!? JOHN (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

Thanks for coming up, and for not shutting down our LEGO® image bank. I wish you and BS the best. Julián. (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

(...) (snip) Awesome. Thanks Kevin for all your efforts! I can barely imagine how much work or how much of a strain on resources running a site that big might be. But you can count me in along with those who have emailed you as one who will put his (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) $5.00 is outrageous. No way can I see spending any more than $0.25 or $0.30 per day. ;) Dave! (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

(...) I agree with JT. I am ready to pay my share. Five bucks a month seems like peanuts for a service so useful. I have never been a big user of Brickshelf, but I have used it for years without contributing one nickel. Just the idea of not having (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) What point was that? That a single individual can control so much of the online LEGO world? That as the sole owner and operator of a web service of huge importance to the AFOL community he has neither tact nor the ability to communicate? That (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Hi, all-- Elsewhere on LUGnet, Kevin explains a lot. This is not going to be a moneymaker for him; rather, it will help to defray the costs of what has gotten to be a very expensive proposition. Here's a quick math lesson: right now, let's say (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

Hey Kevin, First up, thank you so much for Brickshelf, both for the last decade and for it's continuance. I don't know if you hear enough how great a resource this is for the whole community. I'm really sorry if the massive downloads over the past (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

(...) Kevin: I don't know about other AFOLs, but right now I have very little trust in Brickshelf's continued viability, and certainly not enough to give you $60 a year. I don't expect to get things for free - I just spent $25 to upgrade to a (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Understood. But if you are not a brickshelf user, then me asking you your opinion about the $5/month is like me asking you what color pants I should wear tomorrow. (...) How do I know? It never hurts to ask. (...) Kevin made the point that (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

Hi Kevin You certainly got your message through! As I've said (URL) elsewhere>, I'm not personally one of those people that clog up your badwidth, because I have way too little time surfing for lego, and because I upload most of my pictures to my (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) You always were a man of great faith. (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Whether or not I care that brickshelf is around or not has absolutely no bearing on whether it will actually be around or not. (...) LOL. Do you seriously think I should? (...) I'm not joining any campaigns. Just waiting for all the facts (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Tim: What is considered a valid file size/resolution for BS pics? I've always kinda wondered what I should resize to for BS. I usually upload at 1024x768, but sometimes 1600x1200 if I really want people to see fine detail. Is this too big? I (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

Kevin, it's really good to hear from you, but please don't shock us like that again. Some thoughts and suggestions: Remember you don't have to shoulder all the burden of running Brickshelf yourself - if it's becoming difficult then send out a call (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Perhaps the file size restriction could be on non-paying accounts, kind of "you get what you pay for" mentality. The value added feature for paying users could be a Flickr-like "view all sizes" option so pix could be seen at a higher (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status

(...) I think people are somewhat more open to paying for Internet content than they used to be. While it's easy to shrug off requests for donations, $5/month is pretty nominal. (...) Will paying users be able to customize their accounts? I posted a (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

What does this mean? "Allister McLaren" <allistermclaren@opt...et.com.au> wrote in message news:JLGLzv.G44@lugnet.com... (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Tim, I have to disagree with a blanket restriction regarding filesize restrictions for images. While a 256K limit is fine for single MOCs (like your dazzling creations), it can be inadequate for other things like train displays and larger MOCs (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Assuming you care whether brickshelf is around or not, do you have another solution that Kevin can take under consideration? Now's your chance. (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact