 General / 53998
Re: Brickshelf to Offer Premium Accounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:02:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
The following was posted on the brickshelf main page:

"Notice: Brickshelf will not be shutting down!
We will be offering "featured" accounts for $5/month shortly.
We have received hundreds of supportive emails in the past few days including
many who said they would like to contribute financially but did not know how.
This has had us rethink the practicality of charging for enhanced features.We
plan to do this without reducing current functionality for free users. Thank you
for your enormous show of support.

IMPORTANT: do NOT try to download the entire site, it causes major problems,
slows things down for normal users and you will be permanently blocked. We will
make older folders public again after we see the crawlers go away."

That's a shame...Now I need to find something else to do this weekend instead of
downloading all those folders I wanted :D

Benjamin Whytcross