 General / 53862 (-10)
  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

(...) The obvious reason to resurect brickshelf is the 10+ years of AFOL content that is now gone. I would gladly donate to any effort to bring the brickshelf content back online in a way that links to existing blogs/posts/etc are preserved. Even if (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) And it appears that the mass migration is on! If you go to maj.com, its recent pages are filled with LEGO MOCs... (...) Doood. Your problem, J-1, is that you are old-school AND net-wiz-bang:-) J-2 (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) But you are a wiz-kid, Jake, and I am but a simple, old-timer:-) (...) Yeah, that I'll admit, but I never really looked for things past just browsing the recent pages. What I liked was the one-site shopping, and that it was an AFOL site, too. (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Hum.. you mean you never backed up any of the stuff you uploaded to brickshelf? shame, shame, shame... I backup and make a backup of the backup just in case. Learned my lesson a while back when I lost 90% of my data to 1) Back up WEEKLY! 2) (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) I completely agree with John's last point - I'd hit the 'recent updates' link on Brickshelf a couple times a day. My own biggest problem is that the images I had on Brickshelf are going to be difficult to replace - the computer they were (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Ok, I found where you can get the direct URL to the image on Flickr, but the rules say you must include a link back to Flickr if you post the URL to another web page. (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) This is where I think there's a lot of opportunity to create a "Flickr Viewer" app using the Flickr API. You can have the same user experience of fast, LEGO-only surfing and still use Flickr. I'm also not convinced that Brickshelf is/was (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) That's the dilemma. Easier for the uploader, but harder for the surfer to find. I am too familiar with the Brickshelf/maj model and will stick with it for the time-being. JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) What about "hot linking" to a photo in Flickr? I can't find an easy way to do that, and that was one of the things I liked best about Brickshelf. jt (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) I just hate speculating in the dark about all of this, but that's my sense. For now, I'm simply going to reupload all of my pics to my maj.com account (which is the same username and password for all former Brickshelf accounts). I just hope (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact