 General / 53831
  Brickshelf + Amazon S3 = Solution?

Just wanted to throw out a potential solution for Kevin - Would Amazon's S3 product be a solution to the bandwidth/storage concerns? (URL) heard both first and secondhand stories about how S3 is a lifesaver and budget saver for data/bandwidth (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf + Amazon S3 = Solution?

(...) Since S3 is talking about using BitTorrent to move data, this would not be a good solution for data that needs to be available on a real-time basis. It sounds like it's more appropriate for an online backup solution. (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf + Amazon S3 = Solution?

(...) As I understand it, BitTorrent is an additional option on top of the standard functionality. More info here: (URL) is dealing with a massive amount of files by the minute based on S3. Here's the info: (URL) success stories: (URL) story of (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf + Amazon S3 = Solution?

(...) Hi Jake, Amazon S3 is the exact solution I thought of when I heard about this problem. I glanced at the API documentation, and it doesn't seem like a difficult solution to implement, either. Now that it seems that Brickshelf won't be making a (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)