 General / 53716
Re: Sometimes LEGO makes me crazy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Duane Collicott wrote:

it turns out that the inner circle of blades
are pitched one way and the outer circle blades
are pitched the other way!

Yeah, I had almost exactly the same revelation, but examined the blades first.
I've tried to come up with a ducting that would make them useful (they will
"pump" air if you could route the central outflow back into the annular
"inflow", and then duct the annular "inflow" to something useful for instance),
but the geometry is just... too annoying. I may try using the small tri-blades
for watercraft sometime, but I still wish for a (currently produced!) proper
propeller with axle (not pin!) hole.

--
Brian Davis