 General / 53702 (-20)
  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) I'd be happy with less of those too... the facial hair fashions of minifigs differ greatly from those I've observed in any country I've been to. Tim (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) What do you do about figs with facial hair (beards, mustaches etc) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Uh, he was passed LONG ago. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few BL stores with more bricks for sale than they own. JOHN (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.

(...) <snippage> Not at all. When you raised this issue at Brickworld during the Q&A, it got me to thinking. What do you think about the idea of simply including female wigs in every set? I mean, a fig is essentially gender neutral until wigs are (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  BrickWorld Highlights

As many others have said already on LUGNET, BrickWorld was a fantastic event! All of us coordinators were blown away by the attendance at this very first year for BrickWorld. Here are some event highlights that I really enjoyed: • Watching a new (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) accurate? If so, that should easily pass Conan & his uncle for the largest AFOL collection. Spencer (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) I certianly agree! It was nice to have an event close enough to drive to (I can't fly with my 11 Rubbermaid bins!) without spending using up two whole days enroute. Like others said, it was also great to put faces with the people behind those (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Chris Magno wrote: (snip) (...) I'm not going to ask..... Joe (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

Some of us were talked to by an interviewer from The Telegraph, a UK newspaper. The story can be found, if I did the link right, at (URL) course, I talked to the guy for 10 minutes about all sorts of things and in the article I get branded as the (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general)

  Re: From The Now I've Seen Everything Department....

(...) Yep, they are - and interestingly enough TLC's nightmare is proven true again: The talk is about giving the creatures "Legos" to play with. But after learning recently, that even pigs require more sophisticated toys than iron chains and old (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

What a Great Time! I was unfortuntately unable to attend the whole fest, but I came on Sunday for the public exhibition. All I can say is WOW! It was my first LEGO fest, and I had a great time. It was neat to see in person some of the creations (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  2007 Aus catalogue Mk. 2 released...With a couple of nice surprises :D

G'day all, Just a heads up that the June edition of the world club magazine is out. It includes the new catalogue (no obvious item number). The interesting items in the catalogue, however, are: Exoforce: (URL) 7721: Bad Guy Vehicle> (And no, I did (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Wow, thats a great shot, and hard to tell that you two arent wearing pants, nothing else would explain a smile that big on my face. (...) I dont believe I signed that waiver in blood... and I'm still waiting on your wife's cell number. Wink. (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) :-) (URL) HERE> is the rest of the story, complete with offending thumb. Speaking of offending digits, I will always cherish the repartee between you and Nick, Janey. What happens at the Ram, stays at the Ram! (...) :-) (...) The pleasure was (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) OH MY GOODNESS, I recognize those hands and that ni... ummmm errrrrr, logo. Wow, brick events sure bring out the best in people. I must say, here and now, it was a total pleasure meeting Mr Bold John face to face, and even more of a pleasure (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Here's my pictures as well: (URL) Cotterman showed me how to take some panoramic pictures with my wife's camera, so I managed to take a few good ones of the event. --Mike. (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Edit and cropping???? I got your edit and crop (URL) RIGHT HERE>, pal! :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: From The Now I've Seen Everything Department....

"Matthew Crandall" <matthewcrandall9@lycos.com> wrote in message news:JK8zn1.J04@lugnet.com... (...) I believe that the blocks in the video areMaxi Mega Blocks, not Lego. My youngest son has some that he got for Christmas and the large studs have a (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) John, I guess the reason we are NOT seeing the pictures from you is cause of all the time you need to edit and crop the naughty gestures i managed to sneak in? :) Chris ps. man, if ~i~ had a camera to take a pic of Joe M's face when he met me (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Well, that would be (URL) here> I plan to write much more notes - almost all of these are written at 3 or 4 am... (...) More are coming - not only from me, of course. I got to take 1500 pics and now have to edit them down to a reasonable size. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact