 General / 53662 (-10)
  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Reading this bad news at Lugnet has left me in total sadness. Eric has been one of the most remarkable personalities I have ever met due to my LEGO hobby. The results of his partizipation in this community will be alive for a really long time, (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Terribly sad news for the AFOL and LEGO communities. Working with Erik during the Ambassador program was a great honour. His ideas, comments, and suggestions will be missed for sure. It's good to see that he had completed his ride and large (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Truly a sad day for the AFOL community. I had the chance to meet Eric at BrickFest 2005, when I was handling the PaB bulk boxes. I had no idea of his illness. Eric will be missed greatly by all. Scott Lyttle (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

Very sad news indeed. I remember being utterly blown away by a highly innovative castle that he built many years ago, and I had the opportunity to meet him briefly at a BrickFest a few years ago. I never knew him well, but he stands out to me as a (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) I'll miss his LEGO musings, and surely his contributions will live long in our hearts and minds. I still remember reading his insightful posts to rec.toys.lego so many years ago. May his family find peace and consolation. Good-bye, Eric. Ed (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) I guess part of being a community is mourning the passing of people... but it's not a part I look forward to. I never knew him personally, but I remember when I exited my Dark Ages I ran across his website and devoured it - beautifully done. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  BrickJournal 8 is OUT!

(URL) Issue 8 Spotlights the Market Street set with reviews and articles. Also has an interview with a Master Builder at LEGOLAND Windsor, as well as events such as BrickFest. Building articles include building a destroyer and building an (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

Eric and I met last at LEGOWORLD 2006. Sadly, I haven't had the chance to speak to him since. This is a great loss to the LEGO community and a personal loss as a friend. We and I will miss him. Jaco (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

This is very sad and my feelings are with Eric's wife, family and friends! I send Eric an email some days a good saying "Gongratulation to the Market Street set". By this time I didn't know that he suffered allready that much. He never replied to (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Wow...this is a loss. While I never knew him, and knew little of his work, I still greive the loss that we as a community have. My deepest sympathy to his family at this time. heb je speler welput, Eric. Wel verpozing ter vrede.... (You have (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact