 General / 53657 (-10)
  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) I guess part of being a community is mourning the passing of people... but it's not a part I look forward to. I never knew him personally, but I remember when I exited my Dark Ages I ran across his website and devoured it - beautifully done. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  BrickJournal 8 is OUT!

(URL) Issue 8 Spotlights the Market Street set with reviews and articles. Also has an interview with a Master Builder at LEGOLAND Windsor, as well as events such as BrickFest. Building articles include building a destroyer and building an (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

Eric and I met last at LEGOWORLD 2006. Sadly, I haven't had the chance to speak to him since. This is a great loss to the LEGO community and a personal loss as a friend. We and I will miss him. Jaco (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

This is very sad and my feelings are with Eric's wife, family and friends! I send Eric an email some days a good saying "Gongratulation to the Market Street set". By this time I didn't know that he suffered allready that much. He never replied to (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Wow...this is a loss. While I never knew him, and knew little of his work, I still greive the loss that we as a community have. My deepest sympathy to his family at this time. heb je speler welput, Eric. Wel verpozing ter vrede.... (You have (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) This is terrible news. Erik's work was always top notch and his website was always interesting and thoughful. Calum (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Oh wow. I've known Eric online for over ten years now. He was one of the pioneer builders in the hobby, faithfully documenting his passion and amazing work for as long as I've known him. Eric was an original. I had the privilege of meeting him (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) Holy Crud! What sad news :( (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

(...) A great loss to the community. His friends and family are remembered in our thoughts and prayers. Dave K (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

Folks, Based on the information that Joel Vanatta on Bricklink found out, Eric had been battling Prostate cancer for 1 1/2 years and passed away quietly in his sleep. (URL) legacy will live on.... Gary Istok (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact