 General / 53242 (-20)
  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) That's an experiment that I will have to try when my collection is closer at hand :) -Rob A> (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) Hi Rob, thanks for your feedback! In that case I would think these are US-made bricks, since the LEGO-logo on top of the bricks is of the old design. This has been used within Europe (= Billund made bricks) only in combination with CA-bricks (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) I wouldn't assume that 1965 was necessarily as good as, say, 1990. But you're right insofar as quality from the 60's and 70's is not necessarily the same quality as the 80's and 90's. If someone's really looking for proof or disproof of (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) Not sure how you come up with that conclusion. These bricks are from my old sets, purchased in Canada between 1973-1978. I am suspecting these specific bricks came from set 256-1 released in 1976. I would doubt that ir contained 10 year old (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) Not suer how you come up wit that conclusion. These bricks are from my old sets, purchased in Canada between 1973-1978. I am suspecting these specific bricks came from set 256-1 released in 1976. I would doubt that these were 10 year old (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) snip (...) snip (...) Hi all! I know this thread is really old, but eventually I came across this discussion while uploading a few more new quality issue pictures ast brickshelf: (URL) new pictures of 2007 building session> So I just wanted to (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  New homepage for LUGNET - draft #8

Happy New Year! We had warm discussions about a new homepage for LUGNET last year, and I would like to show the next provisional result, draft #8: (URL) reference, please see also: Initial post by Todd: (URL) by Tim: (URL) discussion: (URL) (latest (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  Re: Brickfetish - new version

(...) up the great work! PS. I noticed you have labeled the USA scans from 1966 as set 703. They should actually be for 704 "master discovery set". See (URL) for an example. Eric (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfetish - new version

(...) resource for the community! Allan B. (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Brickfetish - new version

Hi: To end the year I have just uploaded a completely new version of my Lego history site, Brick Fetish. The timeline now spans from 1891-1968. Even the older sections have been, in many cases, completely rewritten. The purpose of the project is to (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: LEGO CD - Unique Lego Parts By Country List

In the next week or so I will be coming up with a list for the LEGO CD folks that contains all the unique LEGO parts by country/region. What this means is that many LEGO items from 1949-80 were not sold in all locations. There were some items that (...) (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

(...) Since when does most of what LEGO does make any sense?? I gave up trying to make sense out of what they do many years ago. [1] (...) I consider the new skelton to be an IMPROVEMENT. The old floppy, fall-off skelton arms were not very good. (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

(...) Ahh, good point. (...) Another good point. So, they retire the old arm mold and create a new one, reuse the droid arm and things come out more or less even. And that's with added playability. Sounds like a good business plan to me. (...) As (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

--snip-- (...) Words to live by. Tim (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

(...) Except in this case, they'd be creating a new mold for the skeleton torso. If I remember correctly, the current skeleton torso has ball for the shoulder to fit the socket of the arm, where the one pictured appears to have a bar attachment for (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

(...) The answer is clear to me-- saves TLG $$$. Anytime they can eliminate a mold and "shoot two birds with one stone", it cuts their production costs. It appears to me that droid arms have been getting a lot more use than as just as arms. As a (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

(...) arms, then they'd be holding their weapons *sideways*. The "lead" skeleton there looks like he might have a droid arm for his *right* arm (because his flail is arguably sideways), but most of the rest of the skeletons are all holding their (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:JB0Luo.Bp1@lugnet.com... (...) Why do those skeleton arms look exactly like mechanical battle droid minifig arms? IE part (URL) wonder why TLG would suddenly drop manufacturing of the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  OMG, articulated skeleton arms?!!

(...) brought to our attention? David Simmons xenobuzz@earthlink.net (18 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  LEGO CD - Little Hidden Secrets....

Hey no problem Josh, I am glad you like the CD so much! When I first finished it and added all the PDF Bookmarks, I thought that it didn't seem that big??? But then I realized that with so many huge chapters, it all adds up! Did you guys like the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Dec-06, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact