 General / 52898
Re: official products: LEGO Checkers and LEGO Dominoes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne Rich wrote:
   Maybe these have been out for a while, but I just came across them at a department store online:

LEGO Checkers

LEGO Dominoes

Apparently University Games has licensed LEGO for making these boxed products. Has anyone seen them? I wonder what they’re like, but don’t really want to spend $28+ to find out. Personally, it seems almost laughable to sell a box of 2 x 2 bricks as a set of checkers... and I wonder how the dominoes are constructed (?)

I also just found out about these “sets” recently at S@H. Not sure if they’re exactly the same thing though:

G1752 LEGO Dominos

G1753 LEGO Checkers

On a side note, assuming these ARE the same thing, the pricing scheme is totally messed up. The department store you’ve linked to is selling for US$14, whereas S@H is selling for CDN$30! (Well S@H’s US pricing is US$20...)

-Bryan