 General / 52538
Re: Do You Sort on Vacation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:00:08 GMT

Doh!

I wish you would have told me then!  Odds are they just pitched the
tubs, and I could have packed at least some of them in my car.

The new tubs suck, as the lids don't clip on very securely, and the
studs sticking up take up a bit too much space - the SamsClub racks I
have set up for my old tubs won't fit the new, and if I reset the
shelves, I get 1-2 less shelves per rack.  And the slightly oval sides
waste a lot of space when stacking bricks in them.

I miss the old style tub, and really enjoy it when they bring it back
out every once in a while (just bought 30 6092 and 10 3191, mostly for
the 1/2 height tubs!  I'm hoping the blue 1/2 height makes it here from
overseas...).

John wrote:
In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:

Gone are the days of heading home with 50 tubs compacted down to 15-20
with the rest of the tubs stacked...

`<sigh`> I remember when the GMLTC displayed at the Kidvention in LLC way back
in '99.  I bought 40 tubs from the BIG store.  Gave the tubs to some MCs `[1`]
and packed the rest into a rather large box-- thanks to the light-traveling
Abner Finley for checking them with his ticket!

[JOHN]

`[1`] Model Citizens, AKA LEGOland employees

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/