 General / 52492 (-20)
  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) I agree. I think the difficulty is that many fans are simply expecting too much from the ambassador program. And again, I'll restate my earlier point; I believe that any mistrust is fueled largely by jealousy. Simply put; some (I won't say (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) I do plan on being there, and at that time I can explain why I have not been at any rtl Events for the past month :( (...) In all honesty Chris, and everyone else reading this, until just recently, we were not given information about new (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory fulfillment is MAY 8 (was: LF Individual Parts Fulfillment)

(...) Thanks for the clarification, Kelly. I thought it was odd that we weren't hearing any response from LEGO {Steve Witt}, and now I realize that their post might not have been to .lego, where I would have expected it.. Regardless, I'm now looking (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) I don't know either, but I have reason to believe (*not* due to what LEGO has told me under an NDA) it could well be more than 400. (...) The NDA's are taking up more time for some of us - I only have so many hours in a day, that's true. But (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Factory fulfillment is MAY 8 (was: LF Individual Parts Fulfillment)

(...) Thanks for the info, Kelly. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory fulfillment is MAY 8 (was: LF Individual Parts Fulfillment)

(...) My face is now so red with embarassment over my silly mistake that the egg is sizzling and should be quite delicious very shortly. Steve Witt LEGO Community Relations Coordinator (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO Factory fulfillment is MAY 8 (was: LF Individual Parts Fulfillment)

(...) As you've all noticed, April 8th has come and gone with no change in LF. I did find out that there was a miscommunication, and since I dislike assigning blame or pointing fingers (like at Steve Witt for instance) I won't go into details. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) You're wicked! :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) I'm sorry, but you are just posing - some of us were actually in on the development of, um, "enforcement" tools, so we know the real story... surprised? Well, were did *you* think the Fleebnork originated? (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

Holy cow that was funny enough for me to delurk just long enough to say so. :D -w (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

Janey, I think the big piece of information you and other may be looking for is what the next stage of the Ambassadors will be. Well, I might be skirting a little NDA here, but actually TLG has been training us as an elite task force to search out (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

Hello! (...) Actually I don't see that problem at all. Why would there be a lack of communication? Sure, there are some AFOLs who get per ambassadorship some insight in some activities within the LEGO group. Whenever they (the ambassadors) are (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) Well then, I sit corrected on the "mis/dis" trust phrase. If you want to argue semantics, then might I suggest moving this to .debate. In the mean time, both YOU and Jeff, came out guns blazing, trying your darnedest to make sure you set "us" (...) (18 years ago, 12-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: MDP (was: Questions about fan involvement with TLC)

(...) Hmmm, I don't. But hey, memory can play tricks sometimes. ROSCO (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MDP (was: Questions about fan involvement with TLC)

(...) I could easily be misremembering the application, it was a while ago, but I do seem to recall some questions about the time that would be spent doing various things. (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) Hi, this is a very interesting discussion! Concerning the Ambassadors I have heard that they had 1500 emails in only one season. If you have to read (and partly answer) 1500 e-mails, this will keep you busy enough to stay out of other forums. (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MDP (was: Questions about fan involvement with TLC)

(...) Well unfortunately there was no "What are your current personal commitments" question on the application, so LEGO had no way to evaluate that information. Surely it makes more sense, and is much easier for the applicant to evaluate it, and (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MDP (was: Questions about fan involvement with TLC)

(...) Berate you? Not me, at any rate, although I can't speak for anyone else. But I DO find it interesting how you hone in on just one point so often. I do think in this case it's an interesting point, though. To widen it out a bit, it certainly (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) I think this is an interesting and valid set of questions. I think the answer to Q1 has two pieces. Yes, the NDA acts to silence people from making observations and suggestions because those comments may conflict with known facts. And yes, it (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MDP (was: Questions about fan involvement with TLC)

(...) Well, I'm sorry, but I have to ask - if you have so many other commitments, why did you apply? I'm sure there's many others who would have loved to participate, and have more time to contribute. Note: Certain members of the community will (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact