 General / 52328
  Interesting old packaging variants

Hi all, I just got second copies of a few older sets in my collection, and found some interesting packaging variants. The biggest change was with (URL) Set 120> from 1966. I have two copies, both US/Samsonite versions. The packaging is pretty (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Interesting old packaging variants

(...) The #120 set was produced from 1966-72 in USA (and 1966-73 in Canada). You have encountered 2 of the box variations. There are more than just 2 however. Sets from 1949-73 have many many packing variations and box style changes. Basic set (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Interesting old packaging variants

(...) Roy, I have at least two varieties of the 120, not counting the later version with flaps. Here are some more Samsonite pictures: (URL) The boxes with two patents are from 1965/66 to around 1967/68. The boxes with flaps and pictures on the (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)