 General / 52308
Re: LEGO® (set pics) Spongebob Squarepants & Avatar the Last Airbender
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:34:13 GMT

This sounds like good news for both Lego AND Avatar.
I hadn't even thought of the possibility when I saw the Avatar ad in the last
LEGO Magazine!  I can't wait to see the final designs, and here's hoping for
cool Momo and Appa toys (and that means ARTICULATION, not single piece
injection-molded things ;) )!

-plucky

OK, I hate to reply to my own post, but...
Looking at the initial prototypes closer, Momo IS included, and he is a single
injection molded from the looks of it, very sad (like the ugly Sebulba figure
from the Episode I toys!  Ack!)  A flying lemur isn't much fun if it can't move
:(

Anyway, it looks like the following will be prevelant items in the sets, even
when it is no longer a prototype:

Aang - a new body painted to match him, and a head with his blue arrow.
       He'll be getting his glider as well.
Sokka and Katara - Between the two sets, we'll be seeing their blue furry parkas
for keeping warm in the snow.  Doesn't look like they'll have hoods (though I'm
guessing we'll see Han Solo's hood again if the Avatar line lasts very long).
Prince Zuko - a new head with a big scar over one eye.  I can see that getting
more than a couple of these would be "too many", but there's possibilities for
him.
Fire Nation Troops - Lots of armor in dark reds, very nice.  Lots of 'flame'
pieces.... well, not that I don't have plenty of those already.

Looking forward to: the pirates, appa, a nicer momo, Zuko as "the Blue Spirit",
Uncle Iroh, Waterbender canoes (remakes of the indian canoes?), inhabitants and
buildings from the isle of Kyoshi (earthbenders), the tree city of Jet and his
crew, and Avatar, Season 2 ;)

-plucky