 General / 51970
Re: A bit ticked!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:56:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Todd wrote:
   I recently ordered from Lego for the purpose of getting some of the free gold bricks... When I recieved my order the gold bricks appeared on the packing list but not in the box. “No prob” I thought I’ll just contact Lego. The reply I got said that while “ The success of any company depends greatly on the product loyalty of people just like you. That is why it is always a source of great concern when we hear from a consumer indicating disappointment in any aspect of our Company. I have forwarded documentation of your comments to our Promotional Team for their review” they couldn’t send me a replacement set of gold bricks. I find this a bit odd. I respect “while supplies last” but if on entering your order (and paying) you are told you will recieve one (I would have cancelled the order otherwise) and it appears on the packing list, aren’t you entitled to a little more than “I have forwarded documentation of your comments to our Promotional Team for their review” ?! While I have been angry about the colour change, and decreasing brick quality I have always respected Lego’s needs, but I have never dealt with a company that does this!

Nathan (a heavy and now disgruntled Lego consumer, see below)

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

I’ve raised this with Jake and the ambassadors. I think it’s important that TLG keeps its promises, especially that the contents of the box agrees with what is written on the packing list.

The response you were given is less helpful than I’ve previously had with Shop at Home orders or when phoning or emailing about missing parts in sets.

Mark Bellis

LEGO Ambassador