 General / 51883
  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) This is good news! I can’t think of a single reason why any company should be empowered to dictate which competitors are and are not allowed into the market, so this victory will benefit consumers and competitors alike. Besides which, anyone (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) <snip> (...) It's interesting that the Best-Lock logo uses their version of a 1 x 6 brick, not a 2 x 4 brick design. Did they change from a 2 x 4 logo during the course of this suit? Lego used to use the 2 x 4 as part of the "SYSTEM" logo, but (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) That's a good question. I have some Best-Lock instruction books (but no boxes) from '98 or '99, and I'll check them when I get home to see if the logo included a brick. I didn't realize that about the LEGO logo. Hmm... (...) Very true. There (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) They're not... In the Netherlands, MegaBlocks started a similair trial, lost and since sales of Brick, MegaBlocks and the like are illegal in the Netherlands. And I for one am glad about it, since they're way too close to the real thing and (...) (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO® Blocked by Best-Lock

(...) I didn't know that--well, score one for LEGO, I guess. They've lost numerous similar cases, though, wherein it's been ruled that the patent expired long ago. Do you know when this case was decided? Dave! (19 years ago, 11-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)