 General / 51632 (-20)
  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

Richie, please stop. e (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Which is, if I recall correctly, a turn of phrase meaning "your model is weakly executed,and not very funny". What model? Are you referring to Janey's tattoo as being weakly executed and not very funny? Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) And may I commend you for your dedication to your art. Janey m'dear, I have to applaud anyone who is so willing to show their love of the brick. Lots of us talk the talk, but you walk it, and with such unique and wonderful style. Kudos! Kelly (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Noted. pardon my own negativity, I'm trying to build something cool to share, to at least offer something positive. e There is such a thing as, build to mouth ratio, as there is to lurk and build ratio. Everyone try to help keep this place (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Agreed. 'Nuff said. And now back to building... -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Gasp! I agree with Eric, what has the world come to?!?!? Richie, it's gotten old. No one cares anymore, if indeed any did to begin with. Give it up. ~Kevoh (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) OUCH! (...) Janey, I liked the red one by itself, but I like it with the companion bricks even better! Looks cool! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Richie: Nice contest entry but I don't think it will win. Everyone else: Don't feed the troll. (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

In > Spotlighted. But I can’t really thank you for sharing this one, Janey. I (...) Richie, i think this is a matter of opinion and this lugnet being one of the freindliest places on the internet; your negativity, i find; is unwelcome. If people (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

WTH! Richie, get the heck out of here. YOUR bad press for the community at large with your constant (*(^&$$*&^%^(*)_*, )(& )*)(&^&*^&$ and I'll show you some bad press for the community at large with some _)*)(&^(&%$&%# of my own! Go beeeyotch about (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) These are valid concerns. Thanks for this very thoughtful commentary. I'm still getting one though - maybe the Blacktron 2 logo. How bad could drunken sailors really be? Allister (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) Don't listen to Richie. Your tattoo is cool. David "Fuzzy" Gregory (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

(...) -snip- Spotlighted. But I can’t really thank you for sharing this one, Janey. I think this sort of thing (especially that you publicised it soo much(1)) is bad press for the AFOL community at large. Tattoos are an adult activity, and carry (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Have a little time, want to perhaps help Katrina victims out?

(...) Server is back up, and something like 15-20,000 free form records (the more automated ones are being scraped rather than hand transcribed) have been transcribed already by volunteers, but there's lots more to do yet. If you want to help, (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general)

  Okay, maybe not a real MOC, but close enough

Well okay... I guess it's not a real MOC, (I wasnt sure what news group to use.) AND maybe it's NOT really even ~MY~ latest MOC... but actually the chick at the tattoo shop "second" MOC... (Since she already did both my red one, and now the new (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: New style instructions, sets 8801 and 8802

(...) I think TLG have been listening. Inventories in instructions is something I've been asking for. I'm not sure how many more of us have been asking too. It's useful when you want to build the set again later because you can get a tray and select (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  New style instructions, sets 8801 and 8802

Hi, I just bought set 65767, a Knights Kingdom combo consisting of sets 8801 (Attack over the sea) and 8802 (Vladek's Sea Fortress), and to my big surprise, the design of the instructions have been changed. The first pages of the instructions now (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) It's a pretty useful snot techniquie actually. Any brick you connect to the stud on the side will be flush on the bottom face, which can be useful. I used it (URL) in this moc> fairly extensively. Cheers, Allister (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I agree that the SNOT technique is great for the 1x1x1 headlight bricks. I just detest them because TLG uses them as a poor substitute for the old 1x1x1 classic windows in the remake of the USS Constellation Ship model. And again in the Lego (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Parts You Hate....

(...) I generally dislike big parts that have restrictions on how they connect to other pieces. I think LURPs and BURPs are OK, along with 6x6x10 stanchions, but a lot of other pieces that size or bigger are next to useless, unless you're really (...) (19 years ago, 4-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact