 General / 51346
Re: Any 1970's Canadian Lego Catalogs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 05:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Oliver Giesen wrote:
G'Day
Finally found my catalogue collection, I think i have some Samsonite from
late 60's and early 70, but it is very hard to tell, i can not see any
obvious copyright dates.
I have a page of instructions, looks very old, Samsonite, prnted in Canada,
small text of V-1869 on the bottom of the back page.
A sheet listing Supplemental boxes (late 60's?) Samsonite, english/french,
only marking is LE-21-66, at bottom right hand corner.
A booklet labeled "The Lego Story" printed in Germany, but with Samsonite of
Canada on front page, english/french, and a small text label 3551-CA on the
last page bottom left corner.
A smallish catalogue with a large 73 on the front, but no Samsonite name,
but is in english and french.
A slightly larger catalogue, red, with Imagination! Action! Construction! on
the front, english/french inside, and Samsonite on back, i am guessing '75.

Anything sound interesting?

Cheers
Oliver

Oliver,
I've got some educated guesses at dates, including V-1869 and LE-21-66 here:
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/
I think the -66 actually stands for 1966, but I'm not 100% sure.

I would love to see your scans of 3551-CA (or host them with your permission).
On the page above I'm curious if it looks more like 3369-US or 3449-US.

Gary-
I've got several more brochures coming online soon, including F-1886, H-1931A,
H-2156, H-2157, and K-2085.  Plus I still need to add the scans you sent
recently!

Eric