 General / 51345
Re: Any 1970's Canadian Lego Catalogs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:31:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Oliver Giesen wrote:
G'Day
Finally found my catalogue collection, I think i have some Samsonite from
late 60's and early 70, but it is very hard to tell, i can not see any
obvious copyright dates.
I have a page of instructions, looks very old, Samsonite, prnted in Canada,
small text of V-1869 on the bottom of the back page.
A sheet listing Supplemental boxes (late 60's?) Samsonite, english/french,
only marking is LE-21-66, at bottom right hand corner.
A booklet labeled "The Lego Story" printed in Germany, but with Samsonite of
Canada on front page, english/french, and a small text label 3551-CA on the
last page bottom left corner.
A smallish catalogue with a large 73 on the front, but no Samsonite name,
but is in english and french.
A slightly larger catalogue, red, with Imagination! Action! Construction! on
the front, english/french inside, and Samsonite on back, i am guessing '75.

Anything sound interesting?

Cheers
Oliver

Yes Oliver, it sounds very interesting!!!!

The first one V-1869 is likely the 1963-64 Canadian Samsonite catalog.
The LE-21-66 is the 1966 Canadian Samsonite Spare Parts list.
"THE LEGO STORY" - 3551-CA is likely the 1968-69 Canadian Samsonite catalog.
The large "73" is indeed the 1973 Canadian Samsonite catalog.
And that last one is a mystery to me, but it could be 1975 alright.

If you could send me quality scans of those I would be sooo grateful!  I would
also like to give a copy to PEERON to add to their Yearly catalog scans (the
ones they are taking over from Brickshelf), which is not yet online.

The former Brickshelf catalogs were heavy into European catalogs, especially
Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Britain.  I was hoping to get them a lot of
USA/Canada scans to improve their selection, especially the 1960's.

Thanks,
Gary Istok

P.S. The only one I wouldn't need is the LE-21-66 1966 parts list, which I
already have.