 General / 51307
Re: Show 10 Concludes our Interview with Joe Meno...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:37:43 GMT

Patrick,

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I am sooo sorry I haven't responded sooner.
I'm not use to finding messages hear about the show.  Generally they come via
e-mail or are posted on the BimPBoards.  Guess if I am going to announce on
LUGNET, I'm going to need to start checking the board more regularly.

In lugnet.general, Patrick McFarland wrote:

_"Well, being hacked means we're getting popular."_: I said the same thing
right after you said it on the podcast, and you repeated me a minute or two
later.

Great minds...

Its great that bimp is getting popular; maybe it will attract more
people into the community.

That is definitely the goal.

_Twins accused of hawking pilfered Lego sets on eBay_: /Whiskey Tango
Foxtrot/. I'm not sure what I'm pissed off more about, the fact they would
steal them from Lego, or the fact they could actually part with them. I <3
Lego ISD.

You wouldn't per chance happen to be a military man would you?

_"The best sets are at shop.lego.com"_: Bingo! Look around in
lugnet.dear-lego for a post of mine saying how much Walmart sucks for
carrying Lego sets. If its big (as in total kit size) they don't carry it
(ie, no Titan XL), if its not Bionicle-in-a-can or Knights-in-a-can they
don't carry it, and they're only carrying the small Designer sets (just
Robo Platoon and Speed Wings; Sky Squad and Sea Machines haven't shown up
yet, and I doubt the other bigger ones will because of their high price)

Don't even get me started on the Wal-Mart thing.  But I agree totally with your
remarks.  However, I'm not sure how much of this is LEGO controlled either.
Even Toy's R Us rarely has anything I want to purchase except maybe the
occassional Star Wars set to two.  Although I did snag a great buy on the
Millineum Falcom model at Target (now there's a department store).

_Interview audio quality_: I probably should have mentioned this last time,
but the interview is lower volume than the rest of the podcast, and a
little hard to hear, especially Joe. It probably slipped my mind because
the interview itself is quite interesting.

I have been hit over the head with this one by many a listener and I understand.
I have communicated with Joe and he now has a USB headset.  One listener even
suggested we take up a collection so he could get a decent headset! That will
definitely enhance the quality of the audio (and yes...Joe is coming back to the
BimPCast very soon).  I heard his interview on the BrickNebula podcast and they
too had difficulties with sound equalization.

_Space heavy_: I didn't notice it either, looking through it again with that
in mind, I /still/ don't see it as space heavy. However, maybe an idea for
a future issue: an issue totally dedicated to Lego Trains. The Train LUGs
out there do some pretty amazing stuff.

Love LEGO trains and would love to get a guest on board to talk trains.

Podcasts are the same way, what radio show would even spend time mentioning
Lego? Podcasts can specialize and fit in very small communities and still
have a wide fanbase; ie, how big is the AFOL community? Not that big. We
could never do a big time radio show on some big radio station, but
bimpcast is doing great.

Hey thanks!  I appreciate that you like the show.  And as always, keep sending
the feedback.  I truely want this to be a community driven show.  I would also
like to invite others to join us for a BimPCast.  If you have something to say
and you have Skype, drop me a line.

_20k downloads_: Yahoo! At least part of that is thats to being mentioned on
BoingBoing (which is a widely read random stuff site, 250k+ regular
readers)

I gotta get the BimPCast listed at BoingBoing!

_BJ/BIMP collaboration_: You guys should work together more. You're both
well known voices in the community, and you two together can only make the
community bigger.

Joe and I are planning more collaborations.  He's asked for an article and I've
asked him to become a regular on the BimPCast.  Both of us are looking at our
busy schedules and trying to make it happen.

_Bizzaro's Batmobile_: Thats a great example of SNOT building. It looks
great too.

Glad you liked the featured MOC.  If you or anyone else has a MOC I should
consider featuring (or a MOC challenge) send it to me via e-mail or as an audio
comment.

_Show 10_: And I hope it keeps going for at least another 100.

Thanks so much and I too hope to make to 100!  Love the comments...keep'em
coming.

Steven