 General / 51269
    Re: How should Lego items be dated? —Gerhard R. Istok
   (...) On a followup note, I do use the catalog year for new items in my Lego CD, but for when Lego came to a certain country, I use the actual year. For example, Lego may have come to the USA in the autumn of 1961 (1962 catalog) but I still would (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How should Lego items be dated? —David Shifflett
   (...) Gary, My 0.02 cents Like cars in the US the model year starts in Sept. Oct. of the previous year So I think that is appropriate for Lego sets. Base the year on the catalog year. Of course the history of when Lego pieces/parts/sets were first (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)