 General / 51268
  How should Lego items be dated?

Eric Strand and I had this discussion a few weeks ago, and today Allan Bedford reminded me of this discussion. How should Lego items be dated? As we all know the Lego year goes from autumn to the next autumn, based on the Lego catalog of the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How should Lego items be dated?

(...) On a followup note, I do use the catalog year for new items in my Lego CD, but for when Lego came to a certain country, I use the actual year. For example, Lego may have come to the USA in the autumn of 1961 (1962 catalog) but I still would (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How should Lego items be dated?

(...) Gary, My 0.02 cents Like cars in the US the model year starts in Sept. Oct. of the previous year So I think that is appropriate for Lego sets. Base the year on the catalog year. Of course the history of when Lego pieces/parts/sets were first (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)