 General / 51206
51205  |  51207
Subject:
Question About USS Constellation #398 & Hobby Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:55:24 GMT

OK, I know that the legendary "Hobby Sets" of the mid-to-late 1970's are the
#390 (1913 Cadillac), #391 (1926 Renault), #392 (Formula 1 Racer), #393 (Norton
Motorcycle), #394 (Harley-Davidson Motorcycle), #395 (1909 Rolls-Royce), and
#396 (Thatcher Perkins Locomotive).....

But why isn't the #398 USS Constellation included in the "Hobby Sets"
designation in Lugnet, Peeron or Bricklink?  I mean it has the numbering
sequence, and yes it came out in 1978, a little later than the others, but it
really does fit with the Hobby Sets.  Was it the box itself that says "Unversal
Building Set"?

Also, since many of us consider those 1970's Hobby Sets to arguably be the best
models EVER that TLG has come out with.... have you ever wondered at what #397
must have been?  It wasn't produced, but there may have been a prototype for
it....  it would make for a neat building contest.... coming up with a #397....
another Locomotive in the spirit of #396?..... or another antique car in the
spirit of #390, #391 and #395?....

Just wondering.....

Gary Istok