 General / 51172
Re: Mursten catalog/phamplet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:39:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
I just put scans of a Mursten catalog/phamplet at:
http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/mursten_1/mursten_1.html

dave

Scans look great!
Eric

Thanks Eric, I knew you would enjoy them.

Here is a translation I received via email from Allan Johansen.

<begin email from Allan>
It is indeed Danish. A translation would be:

The idea behind the centrally depicted plastic city plan* is to bring system
into the play.
The city plan is a framework for the playing without limiting the free
development of the fantasy.
All those parts shown on the back [of this box] can be combined on the city plan
in many different ways.

On this page we show but a few examples of what can be build on the different
areas of the city plan, but it is much more fun to use [your own] imagination
and, as your own architect, build a complete Lego city.

City plan number 1 is approved by “Radet for storre faerdselssikkerhed”**.

Lego system-in-play*** is a further development of the well-known Lego bricks,
and one gets the best results by combining them.

The houses are made from different boxes of Lego bricks and System-in-play, -
there are instructions in all boxes.

The Lego model cars fit exactly into the city and are available in several
different models.****
The road signs are the new international [style], which the children will learn
the meaning of when they play with them, and with the trees and bushes one can
construct beautiful gardens, parks and avenues.

*City plan is the literal translation. I believe that they are actually
referring to the “board” itself.
**Literally: “The council for greater traffic security”. A Danish governmental
institution concerned with improving security for drivers and pedestrians.

***A better translation would perhaps be something like: playing in a systematic
way. System-in-play is a literal translation of the Danish expression.

****What they actually mean, I believe, is that the Lego cars do not look out of
place in the city. I’m not entirely sure how to translate that part…

I hope that this helps.

- Allan Johansen
<end email from Allan>

Allan, Thanks for the translation.