 General / 51146
  Re: Very Rare Canadian Only Plates?

(...) You know, I don't think I've ever seen such a plate, but that's likely because I haven't seen waffle plates in general. What's worse (okay, start your cringing)...I throw them out when I get them--they're usually really grimey and in bad (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Very Rare Canadian Only Plates?

(...) Nothing to cringe about. They do seem to get funky quite often. I have more of those white waffle bottom plates in a puke yellow hue than I care to count. There is one thing that I am going to do with some some of my better waffle bottom (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Very Rare Canadian Only Plates?

(...) I have studied the advert again closely, and am of the opinion that this piece does not exist. I think it's a printer's creative mistake, done just to improve the composition of the graphics (and to confuse historians in the future ;-). a) The (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Very Rare Canadian Only Plates?

(...) Thanks Phil! (I sent him an email and asked him to check this thread out.) I was hoping that there would be a new (old) "undiscovered" Lego part. But what you say makes sense. The photo does look somewhat awkward in that regard. But how do you (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Very Rare Canadian Only Plates?

cutting and pasting the part in photoshop despite the 4x2 being a slightly darker shade, the plate fits precicely over the lower plate. The shadows on the plate match up too. Phil's definately correct on that one .. but then I've never known Phil to (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)