 General / 51109
51108  |  51110
Subject:
Brickwiki
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:25:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello again everybody,

I had been very busy for the past few days, so Brickwiki (formerly known as
Legowiki) had been slightly ignored. However, all that is past and I am
annoucing the launch of BrickWiki.

Brickwiki aims to be a Free Content Lego Encyclopedia, where anyone in the
community can create and edit content. The URL is http://brickwiki.dhs.org/ and
the english language version (currently the only one) is at
http://en.brickwiki.dhs.org/.

From earlier discussion in this forum, there seemed to be a level of interest in
seeing this project happen. Also, there seemed to be interest in having
Brickwiki be multilingual. For those who are interested in seeing other
languages appear, go to http://meta.endeavour.zapto.org and look at the
Brickwiki sections. On the Brickwiki notes page, you can add requests for
languages, features, and more. Also, various items of community interest will be
placed on Meta.endeavour.zapto.org, such as voting on a logo, requests for
content, and miscellaneous other things.

I thank everyone for their input into how we would create a Wiki on Legos and
hopefully we will have a steady base of contributors and contributions to the
site.

-Venkatesh Srinivas
me@endeavour.zapto.org