 General / 51006
  Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement

(...) I definitely like the idea, although I would encourage it to be more generic than "lego-specific". Something that other online groups could use for sharing images, etc., if they so wanted. A couple issues I can think of: - If an owner of an (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement

(...) I suppose, but in that direction lies scope creep, which can kill an open-source project deader than just about anything else. (...) A good point. As for moderation, I was thinking that we could build in a sort of rating system, with the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement

(...) Oh, mainly I was thinking in terms of expansion making the network stronger. If it's more generic, other communities will use it, and possibly add features, optimization, and potentially even bandwidth. (...) Hmm... Yeah, if users can (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement

(...) Well, that's a fair point. But it still makes me nervous -- pretty soon you could have people pulling it in several different directions, and morphing it into something that's not really ideal for our purposes anymore. (...) Heh, if you (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)