 General / 50969
Re: Vintage Lego Commercials Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 05:35:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
In a post last September I wondered if the vintage Lego commercials shown at
some Lego stores were available online.  I haven't been able to find a source
yet, but recently my good friend David Shifflett was able to capture a few on
videotape.

I've assembled some animated gifs which act as good thumbnails for the movies.

Enjoy:

Deeplinks:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-TV/1962uk.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-TV/flach-bausteine.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-TV/ideabook.gif

Caution - the last one is fairly large but also contains some of the best
footage.  Reminds me of the ideabook 238 and 239 scenes (hence the title).

If anyone is planning a trip to the Lego store at Downtown Disney in Anaheim
bring along your videocamera and let me know what you get :)  Eventually maybe
we can get an "online museum" going.  I've still got some requests out to Lego
employees so I'm hoping I can make some progress there too.

Thanks,
Eric

More vintage goodness here:
http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=estrand
http://www.redshift.com/~shifflett/lego/

Between Eric, Dave Shifflett and Clark Stephens.... they keep digging up new
(old) stuff that I was not even aware of....  Awesome!

Gary Istok

Eric,
Where do you find the time?
What software did you use to pull the images out of the movies?

If anyone wants the movies I can email them,
or post on my website (for short periods only).
But they are large (4 - 21 Mbyte) so be warned.

dave