 General / 50744
50743  |  50745
Subject:
LEGOfan 2.0 - Google - and forums
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello fellow LUGNETers. As a lot of you have seen, the LEGO Fan
Organizing Team launched the new LEGOfan.org site on Monday morning.
We've seen a boost in the traffic, and are already coming up first in a
Google search for "LEGO community". Hopefully this improved Google
ranking combined with the goal of the site (helping to connect new and
old LEGO fans with community content) will help increase community
growth overall.

We are really excited about the new site and it's increased ability to
allow novices and AFOLs alike to interact. We have a long list of ideas
we'd like to see implemented soon in order to further grow that
interaction, and to support the community. One such idea is a global,
all-encompassing event calendar that would allow community members to
view (theoretically) every event happening around the world. We are
starting work on this now, so if you have any ideas on the calendar, or
anything else related to the site, please drop us a note in the LEGO Fan
forums.

And speaking of forums...we have had a number of people ask about what
the purpose of the forums on LEGO Fan is, versus other forums already
existing. To be clear, LEGO Fan is not meant to replace any other forums
or functionality. We're simply trying to make it easier for current
members of the community, as well as newbies to find the content, and
group that they're most interested in. More than anything, the LEGO Fan
Organizing team was hoping that these forums will be a "warm, inviting,
happy place" for new fans to discover and be introduced to the community
overall.

In order to meet this mission, however, we need your help. If you see
questions being asked that you can answer, by all means, jump in the
conversation. Try to stay upbeat and positive in the LEGO Fan forums...
you can subject the posters to .space wrath later! :)

Below, you'll see a reprint of our posting guidelines, which should also
help to clarify.

So without further adieu:

The LEGO Fan forums are a place for people of all levels to learn, ask
questions, and discover new areas of the hobby. While these forums can
certainly be used for general discussion, we'd encourage you to take
in-depth discussions to one of the many great discussion forums <here we
will have a link to our community sites link database>.

1. Stay on topic - If your forum post is basically related to the
starter topic, everybody's happy. And dont' forget, this is the LEGO Fan
forum, so your new topics should be somehow related to the LEGO hobby.

2. Be Nice - Flames, insults, and put-downs will be deleted immediately.

3. Keep it kid-friendly - This site is intended for all ages, so please
keep the language clean, and the attitude cheerful.

4. No Ads - Commercial advertisements are not welcome on LEGO Fan and
are usually deleted quickly. The one exception is commercial
advertisements related to the LEGO hobby, assuming they're in context
and tasteful, as well as posted in the appropriate forum.

5. Post in the right forum- We've divided the boards into a number of
different discussion forums, each with its own specific focus. Please
use the most logical choice for your postings.

6. Have Fun! - Above all else, have a good time

Sincerely, the LEGO Fan team.