 General / 50488
50487  |  50489
Subject:
Regina Maersk (First Maersk ship model from 1960)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:38:26 GMT

For those of you that collect Maersk Lego models, there is one model that was
never sold as a set, but only as a model in the early 1960's Lego Building Idea
Book #1, also known as #238.

Here is the model on a page from #238.  There are other ships as well on this
page of the 36 page booklet. Here on Eric Strand's excellent website is a copy
of a Dutch language version of #238:

http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/238/15_page_15.htm

This model was built with regular blue bricks, since Maersk Blue didn't come out
for a few decades.  And the ships name was made of 1x1 white alphabet bricks.
Stickers didn't come out for at least another decade.

I noticed what I think might be a "U" boat on that page.  Say aren't "U" boats a
wartime model?

Gary Istok