 General / 50486
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:16:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

   Of course, the easiest way to see what people want highlighted would be to count the number of highlights.

I agree! IF everyone that cared about what hits the spotlight list consistently highlighted (or didn’t highlight) things, you would be absolutely correct.

   But the admins don’t see it that way, I guess.

Right... We don’t.

BECAUSE, based on user comments, which we listen to carefully, we have reason to believe that the actual highlights undercount what people are interested in. Not everyone that has an interest can, or does, highlight.

That’s not a bad thing, it’s just the way it is. Some people aren’t members and thus can’t highlight at all, some people read but don’t highlight, etc.

Could be we’re wrong about what the users are telling us in their comments though. But if we were, how would we know? All we can go on is what people say.

Hope that helps.

XFUT to JUST .admin.general... I am not seeing this as a suggestion topic, is it?