 General / 50468
  Esoteric Lego history question

Expert Lego historians: I have a rather esoteric question that I have been unable to answer despite rather extensive searching. Tracing the ownership of Lego by the Kirk Christiansens we have Ole who had several children, including Godtfred, who, as (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Esoteric Lego history question

(...) According to the book "50 years of play": "Toward the ends of the 1940s all of Ole Kirk's four sons were employed at the factory: in addition to Godtfred, there was Karl Georg, a qualified carpenter, who was in charge of plastics production; (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Esoteric Lego history question

(...) Kelly: This is very helpful. I am getting closer to a complete family tree. Looking at Wiencek's World of Lego toys it appears that the early boxes are in fact Kjeld and his 2 sisters. In 1996 Kjeld won a distinguished Family business award. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Esoteric Lego history question

(...) Well, machine traslators don't do a great job, but (URL) this article> seems to indicate it was October 1969. You might be able to get a better translation from someone here that knows Danish. ROSCO (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Esoteric Lego history question

(...) thanks Ross. I actually "thought" I read this page several weeks ago. The original is in Norwegian, but I think you are absoutely right about the date. -- Jim (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)