 General / 50451
Re: Rare Treat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 03:48:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:[...]
That is what you see in the picture above. I found of all things, a sliced
off stud. Later I found the corresponding plate the stud had come from.

I was like, "wow, look, a single stud!" Well I'll be.....

We used those when I worked at Futura. Stuck them on for prototypes. there's a
little grid-thing for aligning them too. I actually still have my grid-thing,
but I -never- would have taken a stud out of the office. no way.

....so, if we never hear from you again, I'll know why.

[...]
btw, the clear 2x2 plate tile came in an actual Lego set some years ago.
A fellow GardenSLUG member pointed it out to me, alas, I forgot the set#.
It was a trailer home type set thingie doodad.

It's from this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6590

Ironic you should mention it here because, when Futura closed and I moved the
LEGO Lab into MIT, I took only two things[1]. One was a small bag of those
tiles. Now they're yellowed and I never even used them for anything.[2]

-Suz

[1] yeah, yeah, gimme a break. I had just destroyed hundreds of pounds of teal
and purple TECHNIC elements, and other non-public stuff.
[2] btw, the element isn't dead. yours is probably clearer.