 General / 5008
5007  |  5009
Subject:
FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 16:35:44 GMT

Hello everybody,

Finally I got a FOTW today. I went to some fleamarkets and on one of them I
found a box small box with LEGO bricks inside. One minifig was staring at me
from behind his sunglasses, so for a moment I thought that it were pieces from
the last few years. However, I saw also some clear bricks and old type wheels.
The owner had two more of these boxes and I could take them for about $ 9. I
think the total size of three boxes was about the size of a bucket and I took
them with me. I already spend two hours sorting and that was only sorting in
main catagories like 1xN bricks and 2xN plates etc. I think most of the pieces
date from the early 70's.

Some of the interesting pieces:
- Macaroni bricks in white, black and yellow and one clear one.
- Many other clear bricks, plates and slopes
- Red gear wheels
- Old type wheels: large type connected to 2x4 bricks and 2x2 bricks with
smaller wheels
- 1x1 white bricks with letters and numbers
- 1x2x3 doors and 1x2x2 windows
- 2x4 bricks with holes like technic pieces on all sides, also top and bottom.
- 1x2 blue brick with LEGO printed on it and a 2x3 yellow brick with 'spirit of
St. Louis'

So, I guess that I will spend this weekend sorting all pieces and trying to
find the sets that they
appeared in.

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma