 General / 49902
Re: help/tip for building strange forms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:09:27 GMT

Good luck with the model!!

For something like that, you may be able to use plates, wings and hinges to make a semi-smooth but very thin shape. Think Hagrid’s hut!!

    4754 Hagrid's Hut
302 elements, 2 figures, US$30, 2004
LEGO > SYSTEM > Harry Potter > {Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban}
I haven’t really tried it myself but I think with a bit of imagination and lots of redesigning, you should be able to make it work.

I think, those models are actually made by LEGO itself for its travelling exhibitions. The Sydney Opera House and HK pearl (don’t know its proper name) look very familar. That means that the builders would have access to a huge range of bricks (how lovely for them).

Yours,

Tim Gould