 General / 49869
49868  |  49870
Subject:
What to do with extra Maersk Blue Pellets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:27:58 GMT

OK,
TLG angered a number of AFOL's.  TLG won't go back and tell Maersk that they
cannont commit to their order.  So they will produce more of the 10152's.
Without getting into the dark blue controversy, is there anything that they
could do for AFOLs as a gesture of goodwill.

I have one idea, mainly geared to MOC building AFOLs.  That would be to take
some of the leftover Maersk Blue pellets and use it to produce other parts not
currently in the Maersk blue inventory (as found in Bricklink).  My idea is to
produce some Maersk Blue parts in order for AFOL's to build a Maersk office or
headquarters or factory building as MOC's.

Here are some ideas for Maersk Blue:

1) 1x2x2 classic Maersk blue windows.
2) 1x4x3 Maersk blue windows.
3) 1x4x5 tall Maersk blue windows.
3) 1x4x5 clear glass Maersk blue door.
4) 2x2, 2x4 and 2x2 (double convex) Maersk blue sloped bricks (for awnings).
5) 1x1 round and 2x2 macaroni Maersk blue bricks.
6) 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2 Maersk blue tiles.
7) 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 Maersk blue plates.
8) more regular Maersk blue bricks.
9) 1x4x2 and 1x4x2 curved Maersk blue railings.
10)Maersk stickers for offices/factory signage.

I realize that some of these parts are already available in Bricklink, but in
very limited quantities.

This will not make everybody happy, but it would be a step in the right
direction.  Perhaps TLG could limit the additional number of 10152's they make
(for the public) in order to create some of these listed parts (such as only
produce an additional 1000 sets for the public).

Just an idea that would probably please Town and Train folks (ships are
considered part of Town, aren't they?).

Gary Istok