 General / 49843
49842  |  49844
Subject:
Happy Holidays oh and by way "Head for High Ground!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:11:00 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

What a day we had yesterday at the Enfield Model Shop.

Ever since we moved into our new digs in the Compass House on the Enfield campus, Shows & Events has had problems with the heating and cooling in our room. So with the sub-freezing temperatures that New England experienced this week we thought we’d put one more call into maintenance and get the problem looked at once and for all....

Well in the course of fixing the problem a drain plug failed in the hot-water system, the system that just happens to run through the ceiling. About 200+ gallons of scalping hot brownish water (that is the new brown brick color, not the old) was ‘liberated’ from the pipe. To make matters worse the water smelled like a two week old onion and pepper pizza and it proceeded to pool up in the ceiling tiles, make it’s way all the way around the perimeter of the room and then cascade down into our brick storage bins.

Now, those of you who have visited our shop and the organized chaos we have in here can imagine what a mess this caused. There was much running around with trashcans and P-boxes trying to catch the flow, unmindful of the old model prototypes scattered about the room. We lost quite a few of those old unglued models I’m sorry to say.

On the bright side it was no longer cold in our room and we’ve renamed it the rainforest cafe. Ahhh... it’s so warm and steamy now.

I’m off on my holiday break now we’ll clean the mess next year.

Happy Holidays, Erik