 General / 49725
Re: Lego clone from China?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 05:27:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Vizcarra wrote:
While looking on ebay today, I saw several Lego sets, that upon closer
inspection  it is actually from a Chinese company.  Here is are some sample
links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19011&item=5939565073&rd=1&tc=photo

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5939494621&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I am intrigued by these sets since they look exactly like official Lego sets but
they have no mention of "Lego" on the box so I am sure they are probably the
equivalent to pirated/bootlegged movies.  And if they are, are these old sets
being sold in Chinese stores today?  Any one else see these or any one have
additional info?

"Enlighten" brand...  I think thats the same brand name that TLC just crushed a
bunch of in Finland (on the way to Russia). Looks a bit like someone took a real
LEGO box, scanned the artwork, changed the company logo and put a new number on
it. A year or two back it might have been named "Shifty". Oh well, at least they
have blue baseplates (even if they are junk).

Ray