 General / 49451
49450  |  49452
Subject:
Lego spare parts box pictures from the 1950's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:56:29 GMT

EBAY recently had some German seller selling a lot of 50's and 60's Lego parts
and spare parts boxes.

Here is a nice picture (go to the larger picture below) of Lego spare parts
boxes from 1955-59.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5918824060

The 2 boxes in the bottom row are from 1955-56.
The 6 boxes in the top row are from 1957.
The 4 (leftmost) boxes in the middle row are from 1958.
The 2 (rightmost) boxes in the middle row are from 1959.

These are among the first Lego spare parts boxes ever sold.  Prior to 1955 (Lego
was only sold in Denmark and neighboring Scandinavian countries then) the spare
parts were mostly only available as Lego pieces sold individual from the Lego
retailer.

There will be a lot of pictures of the colorful 1955-65 parts pack boxes in the
CD.  Which reminds me, the CD begin date has been pushed back to 1949, not 1955.

Gary Istok

P.S.  Yeah I won this bid.  Thanks Eric!)