 General / 49437
  Re: Most redundant Lego part

(...) Hi Gary, if you stack 5 bricks together it will not be quite stably, so the 5 high bricks make a sence for me. But i cannot see any sence in this two bricks: (URL) and (URL) Specially if you stack 3 2x2 bricks together it will be very stably, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Most redundant Lego part

(...) I used to think the same, until I came to build the drawbridge mechanism. (URL) stack of five 1x2 bricks has 4 more "ridges" than a single 1x2x5 brick which puts just enough extra friction on the beam that it will not fall under gravity. So (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)