 General / 4934
    Lego product distribution —Thomas Main
   I have noticed that hardly any specialty toy stores I have been to have Lego on their shelves. I always see Brio and Playmobil and sometimes even LGB trains, but I very rarely see Lego. When I ask the store owner if they have Lego, the response is (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Lego product distribution —Jeff Stembel
     (...) just don't want to (for some odd, infathomable reason). Jeff (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Lego product distribution —Christopher Masi
     (...) Yes, it seems that alot of the fancy "educational" toy stores look down their noses at LEGO; which is arguably the most education highest quality toy produced. It is strange. Chris (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Lego product distribution —Eric Kingsley
     (...) I am not sure where you live but in Massachusetts I have found a number of great specialty toy stores that sell lego at or below retail no less. They include (there are others but I can't think of their names at the moment): The Construction (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Lego product distribution —Tom McDonald
     (...) IIRC from previous conversation, the initial order when somebody signs up to become a Lego retailer is at least $2000. Are subsequent orders just as much? That might put a damper on how many, if any, Lego sets small stores buy. (...) While (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Lego product distribution —Rob Doucette
   Thomas Main wrote in message <3772405F.F1D02B13@a...te.edu>... (...) Responses I have gotten from small Toy Store owners who do not carry Lego is that as a small business, they cannot afford the minimum purchase requirements that Lego places on them (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Lego product distribution —David Blomberg
   I would also think that a lot of small stores can't compete with the larger retailers in this product line. The number of sets that TLG releases in a given year is very large... TRU can carry most of them, Target/Walmart/Kmart carry some of them, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)