 General / 49322
Re: Batman fig in background of Sept/Oct lego club mag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Todd wrote:
      Hi all,

           Not sure if this is old news (I've been away a while) but when I got
a hold of the sept/oct lego club magazine I noticed in the backgroun amongst the
Hockey fans on pg3 the lower half (torso and down) of a batman figure, All the
other figs in the crowd appear to be available lego figs... Is lego continuing
the Marvel relationship with batman?

Well, Batman is a DC character, so a LEGO/Marvel license wouldn't give them any
rights to Batman or Superman et al.  However, Minimates does have both a DC and
Marvel license (among many others).  Is it possible that the figure you saw
wasn't actually a LEGO minifig but was kind of similar?  Alternatively, might it
have been a custom design?

Dave!